Sunday, May 15, 2005

Dyed Dreams and Giant Hosta

Looking back on my last post, It sounds like I came away from the Festival empty handed. Not entirely. I bought this lovely mohair/merino blend from Dyed Dreams. Here's about 500 yards sitting on my giant hosta.

Dyed Dreams
and some roots!
Natural Dyestuffs

Madder. And some assorted mordants from Earth Guild. I experimented a bit with Kool aid last summer. Now I want to give natural dyeing a try. I'm quite intrigued with the 25 colors from one dyebath experiment. 5 different mordants, 1 dyebath, 5 modifiers = 25 different results. Now I just need an uninterupted weekend to try it out.

As for knitting content, I'm one ball short...on 3 different scarves. I need another ball of Byzanz and another ball of Jo Sharp Infusion Mohair and another ball of KSH in Marmelade to finish up my scarves. (My Pearl Beaded scarf just celebrated it's first birthday.) I need to finish something so I can start onTempting. Lolly's looks wonderful, so I thought I'd give it a go. I've got my yarn, and I'm all swatched, and I'd like to start tomorrow.

Have a great week y'all! Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the flower of your giant Hosta. It's beautifull !!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that Hosta bloom...
I've met a couple of Temptings
in person, what a fabulous sweater!
xoxoxo
Greta

Michele said...

Hey, Eileen,

Love that Dyed Dreams yarn. Very pretty.

I, too, am short a couple balls of yarn on a project and missing a pair of needles for another one. I'm so in a finishing up kind of mood, too. I hate it when that happens.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't decide which is more beautiful, the yarn or your hosta. Lovely!

Jenn said...

Oh your hosta is beautiful. Mine are just starting to come up. I love spring!