Monday, February 21, 2005

Another Rainy Monday...

It's raining again...

and there was no traffic today. My stress-less morning commute allowed me to get to work almost 30 minutes early. Yay! Happy President's Day! Early to work means a half an hour of Starbucks and Knitting. A great way to start a Monday.

I've been resting my shoulder for the past week, and it's feeling much better. I just haven't knit that much this past week. This morning I was able to make some progress on my Klaralund sleeve.

Everyone's knitting up socks. and having quite a bit of fun with them. I think the portability factor is the most appealing thing to me. I'm trying to look for the most convenient way to knit them. The dpns vs the 2 circulars vs the magic loop. I found a tutorial on knitting with the circulars. Well, it's for two socks on two circulars at the same time. Seems a bit daunting, but at least you'll have the pair done at the same time.

I hope you all have had a Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying knitting two socks on two circs at the same time. I'd have to say, though, that it makes it a bit less portable. Two socks, two circs, two balls of yarn, makes for a big bundle with lots of tangling possibilities. It's cool getting two put together at the same time.

For portability I really like the magic loop method. Only one circular needle to keep up with versus two circs or 5 DPNS is really nice for me. Maybe that's just because I also have two small children to keep up with.

Let us know how it turns out.

Alyx
http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com