Monday, March 14, 2005

tiny needles...tiny hooks...

I finally started my socks this weekend. Hopefully ::fingers crossed:: I won't have to frog them again. I've lost count with the number of times I've started and restarted these things. Teeny, tiny needles = sore fingers and eyestrain. I am in awe of all the Sock Masters out there. I started with the size 2 needles, not too bad, but I couldn't get gauge. Then the size 1's, now I think I'm OK with the size 0's. NO pictures yet, as I'm bit unsure about the yarn. I'm using the self striping yarn, but I'm trying to decide if I want identical socks. The stripes should match, shouldn't they?

In between bouts of frogging and reknitting, I pulled out my teeny tiny crochet hooks. It seems so much easier to make these
crochet-medallion.jpg

than the cuff on a pair of socks.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

The crochet flowers are LOVELY! I really like the socks too :)

Have a good one, Eyeleen.

Anonymous said...

I think the socks should totally match. But then again...I tend to be a little obsessive.

Stephanie
(http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog)

margene said...

You should try to just get the socks knit to your satisfaction and if they don't match perfectly you'll figure it out what went wrong on the next pair. Each time you do a sock you'll get better at it and will enjoy it, too. Great looking flowers!

Mattie said...

I started some socks on zero needles about 2 years ago and almost finished one of the pair. The yarn and lone sock are destined for the island of forgotten projects. I hope you have better luck with yours. Your flowers are georgous.

emy said...

I have to agree that occasional crochet is a good knitting reliever. I am now in a crochet mood myself :P

Eilene said...

I love your crochet flowers. So delicate. I'd love to learn to do that!