Thursday, June 02, 2005

Secret Pal 5

The Secret Pal 5 Questionnaire

After reading all the blogs and seeing the fun and generosity of the online knitting community, I decided to sign up for the Secret Pal. In the midst of preparing my first surprise to my Secret Pal, I took a little time to answer the questionnaire...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Well, I think I'm becoming a yarn snob. I love the feel of natural fibers and and the beautiful way it knits up. Red Heart does have its uses, but it is a bit "squeaky".

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Not a spinner, though I'd love to try one day. As for crochet, I learned when I was about 6. I've used the giant sized afghan hooks, as well as the teeny tiny steel needles for lacy type things. (I've got more than my fair share of doilies.)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
pollen in the spring, and smoke aggravates the asthma. Thankfully no fiber allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I've been knitting for about 5 years. I taught myself out of Good Housekeeping's Illustrated book of Needlecrafts that I had bought it for the quilting and the crochet, but I was intrigued by the knitting and the enormity of different stitch patterns.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not really.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love citrus type scents. For the home, I love Yankee Candle Clean Cotton.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
too sweet for my waist line ;-) but chocolate anytime

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I may not have the time to be as crafty as I want to be, but I definitely have the craft supplies for it. I have stashes of all kinds around here, scrapbooks, quilting, paint, watercolor. Besides knitting, I love photography. I finally had to close down my darkroom, my enlarger was beyond repair.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I like all kinds of music. I've got very eclectic tastes. I can play mp3's and I've got a first generation iPod (the battery still works!)

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Generally I like greens, purples, some reds and some blues...jewel tones. Nothing too bright and nothing too pale.

11. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
wool and wool blends, some cottons,

12. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
furry, stringy, novelty yarns

13. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love felted bags, simple sweaters, quick knits

14. What are you knitting right now?
Tempting,several scarves, socks

15. What do you think about ponchos?
I'm not a poncho person...

16. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I cast on with my straights and knit with my circulars.

17. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
depends on the yarn

18. Are you a sock knitter?
I'm trying...

19. How old is your oldest UFO?
I've got an 8 year old crocheted dog sweater that I started when my dog was a puppy.

20. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. It's generally a peaceful holiday, with no gifting stress.

21. Is there anything that you collect?
other than yarn and assorted craft supplies?? nothing

22. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none, if I like what I see, I buy it at the bookstore or the LYS.

23. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
the Loop-d-Loop book and Debbie Bliss' Special Knits

so Good luck Secret Pal, wherever you are! Maybe, just maybe, you'll find this useful.

No comments: