Friday, March 17, 2006

sophisticated snowflakes

At one time or another, we've all made paper snowflakes by folding paper and cutting. Here's a variation on the theme. Kirigami, which in translation means "cutting paper" and Origamic Architecture, 3D Pop-up cards and paper sculpture.

in RED and PINK for Lolly's Project Spectrum


**************

My project spectrum plans of natural dyeing has been slightly delayed. Apparently the tree bark I was planning to use needs a nice cool water soak of several days or weeks....Hopefully I'll get to it before the month ends. (and next time I'll remember to read ahead and plan accordingly...)

Have a great weekend!
Happy Knitting and Paper Cutting!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Woo love those! I had the kirigami a day calendar awhile back and really enjoyed that. I'll have to see if our library has got this book, thanks for the reference!

margene said...

Veeerrrry cool! Love the color and the designs.

Chris said...

WOW. Your kirigami is amazing - I love the crisp, colorful detail!

Lolly said...

Eyeleen, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful work! I am quite inspired by this - maybe I should try my hand at it...

Sorry about the dyeing delay - of course, you can always dye them in April too - remember, no pressure Project ;) I would love to see the natural dye results!

Tracy said...

Now those are so perfect!

wendy g said...

Beautiful snowflakes! Looking forward to seeing your dyeing too. Have a good week.