Tuesday, August 02, 2005

almost an FO

Almost. Hopefully, I'll have enough yarn to finish this thing. I've calculated the amount of yarn needed, but I don't know if I'll make it. I've a got a gauge swatch that I'm prepared to rip, just in case I need a little bit more. So I'm pressently in the midst of anxiety knitting. I bought only one skein. Hand dyed from MDS&W. Very unlikely I'll find another. Hindsight is horrible...

I'm still a bit tired from the weekend. I've been dealing with a sick doggie. Let's just say it's been an somewhat of an explosive weekend. Not much fun. Although finding the half eaten carcasses of several cicadas, saved us from a trip to Pet ER. I forgot there are still some of the bugs that come out every year.

Michele has tagged me for the idiosyncrasy meme. As soon as I narrow down my list, I just may share them with you all. Just promise you'll still come back if I scare you...

Many many thanks to Julie for the beautiful crane origami fold...
shawl-&-crane
that's my almost FO in the background...

It has certainly brightened up my day...and it's inspired me to learn origami...Thank you!
seated crane with jasmine blossoms

10 comments:

Julie said...

Love the colors of that almost FO, it's turning out beautifully. *whew* I'm glad to see at least one of my little cranes found it's home. I was beginning to wonder if they'd all decided to visit Florida instead. ;)

cori said...

Your shawl is GORGEOUS! I have to ask, where did you get the pattern? I would LOVE to make a shawl like that and I have 13 skeins of koigu that need to be used up. Please feel free to e-mail me or to leave a comment on my blog. Thanks!

Cori W
stpauliegirl at gmail.com

Eilene said...

Your shawl is looking so pretty!

Siow Chin said...

That is GORGEOUS!!

Lauren said...

Wow, that is beautiful, Eyeleen. I love the uniqueness of yarns you find at the festivals, but it is crazy when you need extra yarn. I hope you are able to finish it okay.

Sorry about the puppy sickness! I hope your little one is feeling better by now.

Love the crane too--origami is so cool.

Take care~

JoanM said...

Hi Eyeleen,
Your knitting is beautiful. I do love the shawl, the colours are beautiful

Creative Genius? said...

Oh I love your almost finished FO!! And I am so sorry your doggie is sick - will be sending good doggie thoughts your way!

MarieH said...

I just really love all ! The shawl, the colors. Magnifique !!

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is beautiful. Is that a pattern you made up? I have some Brooks Farm that I've been looking to knit up and your shawl looks like the perfect project. Love the subtle color variations!

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

Kim/Chef Messy said...

Oooh, that is lovely! What pattern did you use? And thanks for stopping by my blog! Where in Virginia are you?