Thursday, January 06, 2005

Lost

LOST. Unfortunately this is not about my current TV obsession. Although last night's episode was awesome.

In preparing the house for the annual Christmas onslaught of relatives, it underwent a massive cleaning and reorganization. Unfortunately the spare bedroom that holds all the knitting gear: the stash, the needles, the books, the patterns, had to be used it its orginal purpose. A spare bedroom. So all the bits were put neatly away for safe keeping. Very safe keeping. So safe I can no longer find them. They are effectively Lost. Now the questions I have is: Do I keep looking? or shall I use this as an excuse to do some stash rebuilding.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

With all that is going on in the world today, my thoughts, my prayers go out to all the people who have been effected by the tsunami. I'm thankful that my friends, who spent the holidays with their family in Thailand, enjoyed themselves so much they postponed their trip to Phuket by one day. Stephanie has an amazing total for Medecin San Frontieres. And others have devoted so much time and energy to this cause. I've made donations to Unicef and the American Red Cross in amounts equal to what I've spent on yarn this past season. Every little bit helps.

No comments: