Saturday, November 27, 2004

a day of shopping

I was out there, for a large part of the day, with the rest of the holiday shoppers. I wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I stayed away from the malls. We started out in Aldie at the British Pantry to stock up on yummy stuff for the holidays.

As we were out in the western part of the county, we decided to check out Capital Yarns. The selection seemed a bit limited, although they had a humongous bargain bin in the front. Unfortunately you didn't have the option of buying just a few skeins. They came pre-packed and wrapped. There is a nice selection of Cherry Tree Hill yarn, but I really wanted some silk garden and the Debbie Bliss Silk Alpaca. I went in with a purpose and came out with nothing. Very unsatisfying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have been thinking about going out to the British Pantry. I keep hearing so much about it.
froggyknits.com