Monday, November 01, 2004

If there's no time to knit. Buy yarn.

Another busy weekend, although not a busy knitting weekend.. But it's November, so the multitude of family birthdays and family gatherings and general holiday festivites will keep me quite busy until January.

Since, there really was no time to knit, I settled for stash enhancement. So there's the Araucania Nature Wool, in lovely shades of purple and dusty pink...
anw.jpg

and some burgundy and gold for a Harry Potter scarf for my niece...
EM-&-HP-YARN.jpg

I'm also getting ready to order some of the beautiful handpainted colorways from the talented Axelle. They are all so fabulous, I've having a hard time deciding which ones to get. My favorites are the Highland Heather, Water Lilies, Briar Rose, and Sawyer.

Although I like to lament on the fact that I have very limited time to knit. I was finally able to finish the left side of my Lara sweater. (here's to midnight knitting.) Hopefully the right side won't take as long.
lara.jpg

A while back Chelsea RAOKed me with a gift certicate from Adagio teas. (you can see the tins above the sweater) So far my favorite is the Ceylon Sonata. Thanks again, Chelsea.

My sister was out of town, so I get to babysit the lovely Tiger. Isn't she cute? She loves yarn as much as Em-Em. But she's a good kitty, who has forgiven me feeding her a little late. She's diabetic, so she know exactly when it's time to eat.
tiger.jpg

2 comments:

Atropos said...

If there's no time to knit. Buy yarn.Amen to that. A good principle by which to live, I think :)

And I love what you bought. The Araucania colours are really beautiful and I'm sure your niece will be thrilled with her Gryffindor scarf.

I'm having the same dither over Axe's yarns. I like Water Lilies very much too, but I think I may just have to go for Atropos. Can't think why :D

Anonymous said...

great stash picks and wonderful progress on your lara. i just have to knit her.
froggyknits.com